How much is shipping?
It depends. Tom's Foreign Auto Parts ships orders within the continental U.S. via USPS or FedEx. Please note:
- Any OEM part that fits in a box or envelope gets shipped with FedEx or USPS within the continental US.
- Rest assured, each part Tom's sells is packaged with care for shipment.
- Select items are available for shipment to HI, AK, PR, and Canada. Please check the shipping tab of the part you’re looking at to see if it can be shipped to your location. Prices will vary.
- Freight is slightly more complicated than your average small package shipment. Don’t worry - we take care of everything when you buy an engine, transmission, door, hood, etc. from us. Items shipping freight get packaged on a pallet and delivered with a tractor trailer.
- The shipping rate/charge will appear during checkout, after the address is entered.
Note: Please check the shipping tab of the item you’re looking at for shipping details specific to the part you’re buying.
What shipping methods do you offer?
Tom's Foreign Auto Parts ships most orders within the continental U.S. via USPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Some parts are available for shipment to HI, AK, PR, and Canada. NOTE: Please check the shipping tab of the part you’re looking at to see if it can be shipped to your location. When you purchase an engine, transmission, door, hood, or other large item, it ships as freight.
Do you have a minimum order?
Do you offer rush shipping?
Not usually. Because our team understands a replacement part is often critical for repair, all items that are pulled and on the shelf will leave our location within 1-2 business days. Items that are still on the vehicle will leave within 1-3 business days. We regularly ship FedEx or USPS ground or freight throughout the continental USA. Shipments to HI, AK, and PR may be expedited due to necessary air delivery service. If you have specific shipping questions, please contact our team before you order. We are happy to help.
How long does it take to process and ship my order?
All Tom's Foreign Auto Parts that are pulled and on the shelf will leave our location within 1-2 business days. Items that are still on the vehicle will leave with in 1-3 business days. We regularly ship FedEx or USPS ground or freight throughout the continental USA. Shipments to HI, AK, PR and Canada may have different shipping times. You will receive an email with a tracking number when your order ships.
Where are you located? How long does shipping take?
We’re located in Waterbury, Connecticut. Shipping times will depend on weight, size, shipping carrier, and your location. All shipped purchases receive a tracking number that is emailed to the customer.
Will you provide tracking information?
Of course! We will email you shipment tracking information when you order ships.
Do you offer local pickup options?
We do! Tom's Foreign Auto Parts is located in Waterbury, Connecticut and offers purchase pickups from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Here are important details about our local pickup option:
- Please call us at 800-973-5506 before coming to pick up any item.
- If the part you wish to purchase is still on the vehicle, we will require payment in full to guarantee the pick up.
- After full payment is complete, we will pull the purchased part and contact you to arrange for pick up.
- All large purchases MUST be loaded onto a truck bed, so a pickup truck is required. We will not load items into SUVs, cars, or vans.
If my item ships as freight, what do I need to do?
When you buy an OEM engine, transmission, door, hood, etc. from Tom's Foreign Auto Parts, we package the item on a pallet, and it is delivered with a tractor trailer. Here's what you need to know:
- Freight shipping is only available to the 48 contiguous US states. We do not ship freight to HI, AK, PR, or to any other countries outside of the US.
- The absolute most important thing when we ship freight is to have a valid phone number for us to contact you to finalize arrangements. The freight company will also contact you to schedule a delivery, so it must be a phone you will answer.
- While we can ship to either a commercial or most residential addresses, freight shipments cannot be sent to apartment buildings. It is preferable to have the shipment arrive at a business where the truck can be unloaded.
- All freight shipments must be inspected upon delivery. The delivery driver will have paperwork for you to sign. DO NOT sign if there is any damage to the item as a result of shipping. If you sign, we will not be able to process a damage claim for the item and you will be solely responsible for any liability due to shipping damage.
If I pay by credit card, will you charge my card once the item has shipped?
We’ll charge the card at the time the order is placed. This method offers a layer of security.
If I ordered a part that’s out of stock, when will it ship?
As an industry leader in recycled OEM parts, Tom's Foreign Auto Parts' website features videos and photos of available parts retrieved or ready to be pulled from a large variety of makes and models. While we don't really have "out of stock" parts, our products may be at different stages of "ready to ship."
- Parts that are pulled and on the shelf will leave our location with in 1 business day.
- Items that are still on the vehicle will leave with in 1-3 business days.
- You will receive an email tracking number when the part ships.
Can you ship my order to multiple addresses?
We may be able to accommodate this request. Please contact us.
Do you ship to AK, HI, and US territories?
Yes, but shipping rates may be higher and shipping methods may be limited. Please check the shipping tab of the part you’re looking at to see if it can be shipped to your location. Prices will vary.
Do you ship to PO Boxes or APOs/FPOs?
We do. However, due to size restrictions on some parts, we may ask for a physical address instead of PO Boxes.
Do you ship internationally?
Sorry, we do not ship internationally, but we do ship select parts to Canada. NOTE: Please check the shipping tab of the product you’re looking at to see if it can be shipped to your location.
Do you ship hazardous items?
Yes. Any items identified as hazardous are shipped via FedEx or UPS Ground.
What happens if you ship the wrong part?
We’re sorry. We’ll take care of our mistake, and it won’t cost you anything other than some inconvenience. Please call us right away at 800-255-6656.
How can I be sure you’re shipping me parts that will fit my vehicle?
Use our handy Year-Make-Model lookup tool to find OEM parts for your vehicle. If you still aren’t sure, call our support team at 800-973-5506. We’re happy to help you find the exact part you need
What happens if the part doesn’t fit my vehicle?
If we sent you the wrong part, we’ll make it right. If you ordered the wrong part, you’ll need to return it to us. Please read our returns policies and feel free to contact us before making your purchase.
What happens if the part is damaged during shipping?
We have been in business a long time, and we are skilled at packaging each part with care. We understand things can happen, so please inspect your package for damage before accepting or signing for delivery. Refuse to accept a freight delivery if a freight driver attempts to give you a damaged package. If you refuse a damaged package or a damaged part was delivered, take a photo of the box, then promptly contact us.
Can I change where you send my shipment?
If a product has shipped, it will be difficult to make a change. If you have unique situation, please contact us at 800-973-5506 to discuss.
What if I never receive an order?
Please refer to the tracking information we emailed you when the package shipped. If the part never arrives, lease contact us at 800-973-5506 to discuss.
What happens if I refuse the shipment?
Please don’t refuse a shipment just because you changed your mind. Instead, just accept the shipment and then contact us for a return authorization.